Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Requirements

In order to get me back and forth between my home and wherever you are, my cheapest form of travel will be hiding in shipping boxes and letting USPS, UPS, or FedEx bring me to you. I can pay for myself to get put in the box, but I can't bring any money with me so I might need to borrow a few dollars so you can ship me back home (I promise this is the only time I'll need to borrow money!) But when you do ship me, I don't want to break any bones, so do make sure to pack me up nice and tight so I get home in one piece!

When I arrive, you'll find that I will be accompanied by a journal filled with stories of my journeys. I am not a very good writer, so if there are any particular memories you want me to remember from my trip, please write them down in there and send them back with me! I'm so forgetful that if I don't have it written down, when I get home I won't remember any of the stories to tell my friends.

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me home with some pictures from my trip. Actual photos, pictures on a CD, any way works - but what's the point of going on a trip if you don't have something to remember it by?

And finally, I feel most comfortable when traveling with other people from Clemson (imagine how much we have in common!), but I try my best to not be closed-minded in choosing who I travel with. That being said, please only invite me on your trip if you intend to return me in my original condition - I have many friends back home who would be broken-hearted if they did not see me again.

As a short checklist:
- Be willing to pay to ship me back in a well-padded box.
- Feel free to write entries in my travel journal.
- Take lots of pictures and send them back with me.
- Don't break my friends' hearts by not returning me or holding onto me for too long.

If you are still willing to take me on your trip after reading all that, please send me an email to clemsongnomeproject@gmail.com with:
- where you are traveling
- when you are traveling
- where to mail me (an address)
- some background of yourself (so I don't feel scared by being mailed to a stranger)

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment