Sunday, December 6, 2009

ACCCG

Well, I just got back from the ACC Championship Game in Florida. Had a really memorable time down there, and despite the outcome it was a very fun and entertaining game to watch (as pretty much every GT game for the past 6 years has been).

We also were selected for the Gaylor Music City Who Cares Bowl in Nashville against Kentucky. A few years ago I had the chance to go to the Who Cares Bowl in Nashville to see us play...Kentucky...and I said then what I'll say now "One of two outcomes could happen: we beat Kentucky (who cares?), or we lose to Kentucky (why'd I waste money on this?)." What'd we go out and do? Lose, because our team didn't care about playing Kentucky, which after the last two losses we've had I really feel like will happen again. If we want to have much in the way of positive momentum for next season, we don't need to just beat Kentucky - we need to slaughter them.

That being said, that doesn't mean I want to travel to see that. So I'll be watching the game from the comfort of a couch in Greer, probably working off a meal from The Beacon in Spartanburg.

Also, I've found that over Valentine's weekend I'll be going to Asheville, NC. This will be my first time going to that state, so I'm very excited (although there is a slight chance I'll go to NC over Christmas break). I'm also going to a wedding in Newberry next weekend, which should be fun - it's been a while since I've been in formal wear.

I'd go into more detail on the ACCCG (like how we should focus 99% of our recruiting in the next year on linebackers), but I really don't have the energy from all the driving I did today. So I'll leave you with a few pictures from my visit to Tampa.

As always, safe travels, and let me know about any fun trips you are going on!

~ PG


From Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment